Thursday, May 24, 2007

Planning starts

Today the planning starts. Got pictures of the Futura last night and it looks immaculate.

I am putting together a packing list and have gotten several important planning tips from the Two Wheeled Texans and the the Adventure Riders group. Tops on that list are:
  1. Cell phone
  2. GPS
  3. Camel back, not pack
  4. maps
  5. Water
I am hoping I will he able to hook up with my brother Don Taylor and make part of the journey back together. I have also gotten letters out to friends along the route looking for lodging and help along the way.

While I wait for the day to come, I continue to put my trust on our Lord to guide me through. As dedicated a planner as I can be, I know I can only do so much.

This is a tremendously exciting time, since riding the south west was there at the onset of the dream. Making it through Colorado and New Mexico is the best way to get this whole new leg of my life going.

More to come

No comments: