Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Journey Will Start


This is a refocusing on my life and process. I had lost sight of the dream and given it to the machine. Now I am reclaiming the dream.

In a few weeks I will take a motorcycle trip from the Denver area to Houston. More than 1200 miles will be covered in 3 days.

During this trip I am placing myself in the hands of God, my Savior and Creator. I am stepping away from my need to control all that surrounds me and letting Him be my guide, my guard and my traveling companion.

Many details are to be worked on at this point. Lodging, travel stops, supplies, and maps are just a few.

The excitement is great; the anticipation enormous. More will follow during the next few weeks, but two verses in the bible guide this journey:

Jeremiah 12:
5If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out,
Then how can you compete with horses?
If you fall down in a land of peace,
How will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?

and

John 1:4
Life itself was in Him, and this life gives light to everyone.
5The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

No comments: